Deadline: 22 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Analyst in Chennai, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Finance Analyst will be responsible for providing transaction support and analytical support to various VPUs in IFC.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Monthly reports production such as capital budget, capital pool allocation, depreciation, write-off and claw-back, IT Contractors and other admin budget reports, including initial review and follow-up with PMs for old commitment closing and clean ups.
- Monitor of actuals and commitments against the plan for contractual labor.
- Closely monitoring work program activities and the utilization of resources. Prepare timely and accurate budget analysis and variance reporting. Providing substantive, relevant and timely information to client on the budget performance, tracking costs and advising on budget implications.
- Perform quarterly review reports, end of year projects and accruals.
- Monthly revenue and expenditure projection, flagging major issues concerning budget over/under runs as well as other analysis required.
- Monitor commitments and accruals and ensuring compliance with Bank policy.
- Contribute to the resolution of complex vendor and invoicing issues.
- Provide supervision and advice to team assistants in SAP/AO reports, transaction processing and other guidance as necessary, and coordinating the integration of agreed processes.
- Help resolve issues managers face when approving SAP transactions; escalating issues to Budget / Finance Officer and seek assistance from AskAccounting and AskBudget when necessary.
- Provide support to HQ team in choosing, accessing and interpreting reports available in SAP/AO and other information systems.
- Ensure effective back-up arrangement, and timely submission of tasks/outputs.
- Review the transactions processed by team members and ensuring that they are processed in line with IFC procurement guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining process documentation to ensure internal controls operate as expected and training and coaching of new staff.
- Monitor daily workload and ensure its completion accurately and on timely basis.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree (Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics) with minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Substantial work experience with transaction processing using integrated, automated accounting systems with a comparable level of complexity to SAP R3 enterprise resource planning system and high degree of integration.
- Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from SAP or other databases and prepare results, which are clear and concise.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, combined with proven practical skills in financial and cost accounting reporting, business planning, work programming, budgeting, financial management and audit.
- Demonstrated technical skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Strong proficiency in advanced Excel functions required.
- Strong communication skills (in English), both written and oral, to convey complex budget and administrative financial issues concisely to management and staff.
- Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently; organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Experience or knowledge of the World Bank Group, especially IFC and MIGA, an advantage.
- Exceptional spreadsheet design and manipulation skills, ability to quickly develop effective understanding of logical accounting data structures and data inter-relationships to effectively evaluate and make recommendations on process / system controls; proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Power Point presentation software.
- Proven, consistent dedication to excellence and consummate attention to detail.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of new technologies related to resource management and budget / operations monitoring. Interest in or enthusiasm around working with technology rollouts.
- Ability to work under pressure; flexibility in handling several concurrent assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal / external partners in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop solid relationships with key stakeholders and build productive partnerships.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.