Deadline: 9 August 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Analyst in Dili, East Timor. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, control of the workflows in the Finance Unit.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for management projects.
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contributions within the CO resources mobilization efforts.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UNDP staff at Headquarters of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Regularly monitors CO delivery of core and non-core resources in collaboration with the Programme Delivery Unit and timely alerts Operations Manager for necessary actions.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree or equivalent in Finance/Accounting, Business, or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- A Bachelors’ degree in the same fields plus 4 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Up to 2 years (or 4 years with a Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in providing financial management services, managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Fluency in English and Tetum.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.