Deadline: 17 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Officer in Nakivaale, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist the Area Manager with preparation of the Field Office and donor budgets.
- Implement financial policies and procedures of DRC and donors.
- Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls including safe custody of safe keys.
- Supervise weekly cash counts and reconciliations by DRC field office and ensure they are conducted every Friday of the week and reviewed by the Area Manager before submitting to Kampala
- Supervise month end cash counts and ensure they are submitted to DRC Country office in Kampala by 1st of every month.
- Confirm that full accountabilities (documentations) are obtained for all expenditures in order to validate all financial claims.
- Maintain an up-to-date asset list with input from IT Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse.
- Advice and support the Area Manager on all administration and premises-related matters within the office.
- Follow up on all travel requirements local and international and procurement of travel tickets.
- Monitor all service contracts (compound, internet etc.), forward renewal contract needs to the Area.
- Manager and ensure related contract payments are done before expiry of contract period.
- Check that there is general cleanliness in the office and compound.
- Support the Area Manager in the creation of standard contracts for Works, Goods and Services in line with local regulations where applicable.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related relevant field.
- Professional qualification in Accounting is desirable.
- 2 to 5 year’s experience in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Previous experience with Non-Governmental Organization in similar/related position is an asset.
- Previous working experience in refugee response is an asset.
- Experience in using an ERP software is an advantage.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good command of English language.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills with proven experience in communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in local languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.