Deadline: 15 July 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administrative Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor a variety of complex financial documents, accounts to identify and investigate anomalies or wrongly posted transactions and to determine corrective action.
- Carry out all operations required for expenditures under development cooperation funding, ensuring the most rational use of the funds.
- Monitor accounts regarding allocations and expenditures and makes adjustments to optimise utilisation of the funds.
- Draft and clear administrative correspondence relative to budgetary matters to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and budgetary forecasts.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the project administration and operation support-related functions in close collaboration with other administrative and operation support staff through the provision of management and administrative support to the project.
- Assist in preparing POs and TTs in IRIS and external collaboration and service contracts.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education plus formal training in accounting or finance from a recognised commercial school or equivalent.
- 6 year’s finance and administrative support work experience and some training in an administrative field
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particular finance modules.
- Familiar and previous work experience with the ILO or other UN agencies or NGOs in donor-funded projects would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge of Arabic.
- Working knowledge of another official language of the organisation is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.