Deadline: 9 March 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administrative Assistant in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Review and verify financial reports basing on ILO rules and EU general terms and conditions and guidelines and closely monitoring reported expenditures as a basis for budgetary control in respect of approved budgets.
- Prepare on a monthly basis, expenditure reports related to OFCs received by the projects for the purposes of close monitoring and ensuring that expenditures do not exceed approved allocations.
- Maintain petty cash book and/or records for recording of financial data pertaining the petty cash account
- Prepare payment requests for staff travels allowances and for payments to suppliers
- Prepare payment requests for seminar advances and ensure their prompt accountability, maintaining proper and accurate records for facilitating, reconciliation of the GL Account in order to ensure prompt clearance of outstanding items
- Submit timely replenishment requests to imprest Accounts office to ensure consistent availability of sufficient funds for timely implementation of a wide range of activities under the project
- Advise the National Programme Manager on all aspects of Accounts and financial control procedures in order to ensure compliance with ILO financial rules and regulations and EU general terms and conditions
- Prepare responses in respect of Accounting and Audit queries that may be raised by the verification unit of the Regional Office in Addis Ababa
- Process Duty and VAT exemptions for purchase of goods and services by ILO technical cooperation projects
- Provide administrative support services such as hotel booking and ticket reservations and/or confirmations related to ILO travel arrangements
- Assist in office Transport coordination, arrange fuel replenishments, maintain records on car services and ensure good maintenance of office equipment
- Assist in any other administrative and personnel chores related to human resources and office administration e.g maintaining staff leave records, purchase of stationery etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education supplemented by a formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field from a recognized commercial school or equivalent.
- Minimum of five Six years of operational or administrative support work experience including providing financial operations support services.
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Knowledge and competencies (technical and behavioural)
- Knowledge of financial administration and/or accounting techniques.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or other international or national accounting standards.
- Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for best course of action;
- Ability to respond to work related inquiries in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to organize own work;
- Ability to demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.