Deadline: 3 November 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Grant Accountant in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance and Grant Accountant will be responsible for the grants management and reporting processes, from budgeting, budget management including grant budget setup; financial management and reporting are conducted in a manner consistent with DFID and Plan International policies, procedures and regulations.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance and Grant Accountant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Accounting – Supervise the Finance Officer:
- Ensure that required financial controls are in place to avoid unauthorized use of funds, and that prior authorization is obtained before any payment.
- Generate and provide routine financial statements from SAP as and when required.
- Make payment to GEC project activities participants in cash or through bank and mobile money transfers as necessary.
- Financial Management and Reporting:
- Monitor financial management of GEC project funds to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and actual implementation, and monitor the projected expenditures against their actual incurrence.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports in line with donor requirements.
- Liaise with project managers to provide variance explanations on all financial reports submitted.
- Grant financial set-up and compliance:
- Maintain an awareness of the donor conditions on financial management within each (FAD) and guide programme teams accordingly.
- Participate in new grants start-up, and where required facilitate sessions on financial management, partner budgets, advances and liquidations.
- Support the set-up on new grants within SAP and lead all aspects of maintaining GEC grant data information in SAP.
- Grant closure, Audits and risk management:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system both hard and soft copies for all financial reports and agreements pertaining to GEC grant.
- Participate in due diligence assessment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in Finance/Accountant from a recognized and reputable institution.
- Minimum, a Student of Accountancy professional course such as CAT, ACCA,CPA,CIMA from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role in a non-governmental organization.
- At least 2 years experience of developing, monitoring and reporting on donor budgets.
- Understand donor conditions and requirements relating to financial management.
- Good knowledge of grant management cycle.
- Fair knowledge of project management.
- Proficiency in Excel (essential) and other Microsoft applications.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Nationality of Sierra Leone.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.