Deadline: 27 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Tax Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance and Tax Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Management of tax liabilities and commitments FY20
- Based on the December 2018 Tax Health Check develop and implement an action plan to address all outstanding liabilities and penalties.
- Work in partnership with an external Tax Advisor, including providing supporting documents as required, supporting the preparation of correspondence for the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) and other government offices, and monitoring progress on the remediation efforts.
- Follow up with the TRA and other relevant government authorities on waivers/ exemptions related to tax and other fees/ deductions.
- Regular (at least monthly) review of amounts owed to the TRA and other authorities, and communication of this to the Head of Finance and Country Director.
- System strengthening for tax and other government fee payments
- Review of Plan International Tanzania local policies and systems related to the management and payment of tax and other fees/deductions to local authorities.
- In partnership with the Tax Advisor, HR Manager (in regards to payroll and consultants’ tax), Awards Specialist and Director of Operations, develop local policies and systems that enable on time, accurate payment of all tax and other fee / deductions obligations to the TRA and other authorities.
- Provide training to finance and other teams on new or revised local policies and systems (including in field offices as needed).
- Review calculation of unit costs and ensure taxes and other fees are included.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related subjects with 7 year’s of practical experience in similar position.
- Professional Financial / Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent).
- Knowledge of taxation and the financial management issues.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors.
- Excellent financial analytical skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages and with SAP.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.