Abt Associates is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Conakry, Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Assistant will be actively involved in the implementation of project activities Financing and Governance of Health (HFG) and will be responsible to provide administrative and financial support to the project.
Abt’s mission is to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Update, store, and maintain all personnel files.
- Support new staff orientation, on boarding and other HR initiatives.
- Oversee proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed.
- Perform translations of simple documents as needed.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Manage local procurements for office supplies and other requirements.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Manage/track petty cash transactions and receipts.
- Prepare and send pouches to as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary School (minimum).
- Technical School Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Experience relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Abt.