Deadline: 5 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
The Finance Assistant will responsible for managing the cash box and act as the custodian of the office safe Bookkeeping and filing in line with DRC policies.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- External contacts
- Close collaboration and coordination with the program team on cash distributions.
- Liaise with the bank on issues related to finance.
- Payment of taxes to the ministry of finance and reconcile with treasury department all taxes.
- Contribute to managing bank affairs through preparing cheques and execute transfers for bank payments.
- Documentation / vouchers/ Cash Books
- Ensure finance supporting docs are complete (coding, authorization level types of documents).
- Ensure that all the transactions are accurately recorded in Dynamics 365.
- Review payment requests for all items and services are properly approved.
- Cash management
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled cash counts.
- Organize transfers and link with banks on cash issues.
- Organize the payment of bills (electricity, and post-paid bills, etc.).
- Close follow up on advances (advising on issuance, and tracking) recording and clearance in absence of the cashier
- Premise rent payment follow-ups.
Applicants must have:
- DBA or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to build relationships with local authorities, good organizational skills, and ethics.
- Flexibility in working hours Good physical condition.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible in working hours.
- Strong in both written and spoken English, Pashtu, and Dari
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.