Deadline: 5 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will responsible for managing the cash box and act as the custodian of the office safe Bookkeeping and filing in line with DRC policies.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- External contacts
- Close collaboration and coordination with the program team on cash distributions.
- Liaise with the bank on issues related to finance.
- Payment of taxes to the ministry of finance and reconcile with treasury department all taxes.
- Contribute to managing bank affairs through preparing cheques and execute transfers for bank payments.
- Documentation / vouchers/ Cash Books
- Ensure finance supporting docs are complete (coding, authorization level types of documents).
- Ensure that all the transactions are accurately recorded in Dynamics 365.
- Review payment requests for all items and services are properly approved.
- Cash management
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled cash counts.
- Organize transfers and link with banks on cash issues.
- Organize the payment of bills (electricity, and post-paid bills, etc.).
- Close follow up on advances (advising on issuance, and tracking) recording and clearance in absence of the cashier
- Premise rent payment follow-ups.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- DBA or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to build relationships with local authorities, good organizational skills, and ethics.
- Flexibility in working hours Good physical condition.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible in working hours.
- Strong in both written and spoken English, Pashtu, and Dari
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.