Deadline: 27 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Qayyarah, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible to provide administrative or technical support to the finance department.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Finance Tasks
- Perform the duties of Cashier, which includes responsibility for all cash transactions in Qayyarah office, safe management, and daily cash count and reconciliation
- Prepare documents for payment and ensure supporting documents are submitted according to DRC Operations Handbook
- Organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents.
- As required, support on preparations for internal and external audits.
- Support Hawala distributions in Qayyarah.
- Make bank runs including Bank transfers instructions, cash withdrawals, and collecting/issuing Bank statements and correspondence from the banks
- Additional Tasks
- Assist in keeping the Qayyarah base inventory records updated in cooperation with the Supply Chain Department and assist in performing random physical inventories / Stock taking
- Support in HR administrative tasks, such as collection of timesheets, distribution of contracts and payslips, etc.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the Base Manager in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a similar position.
- Strong written and mathematical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer skills (MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience of managing and handling cash.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.