Deadline: 11 April 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Tripoli, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for payments following DRC procedures, filling correctly the cashbook and prepare payment vouchers to be sent to Beirut.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Daily bookkeeping according to DRC financial cashbook (ERP software “Dynamics ”).
- Responsible for payments according to invoices presented with complete documentation.
- Responsible for the petty cash’s cash count.
- Report the monthly expenses to the Finance Team Leader.
- Scan/photocopy payment vouchers, to create a backup and send to DRC Headquarter in Beirut;
- Review DRC’s local NGO’s vouchers and report them in the financial system.
- Coordinate with the Finance team leader to obtain a synchronized and efficient working environment.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in Accounting/Business management/Economics or related area.
- Attend Trainings/workshops in this domain.
- 1-year relevant working experience.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.