Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Tehran, Iran. The duration of this post is 3 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Process claims or invoices and other payments requests in line with relevant regulations and instructions.
- Ensure that all supporting documents and information required to justify payment, including receipts, banking details, etc., are complete before releasing payments.
- Settle invoices and claims after verification of supporting documents.
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases, verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations.
- Maintain imprest accounts, reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data.
- Assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested.
- Monitor project, programme and general office accounts, ensure timely VAT recovery.
- Assist in preparing FAIRA’s Cash-flow, monitoring expenditures for timely replenishment of local accounts.
- Assist in finalizing the year-end financial closure and in preparing PBR of FAIRA.
- Assist in preparation and maintaining detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances, record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary school education.
- 3 year’s of relevant experience in Administration.
- Working knowledge of English and Persian.
- Extent and relevance of experience in finance and administrative activities.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.