Deadline: 29 May 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible to provide financial management services by implementing NRC finance procedures and addressing day to day issues that arise in respect to finance functions.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assist with the implementation of support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Ensure compliance with NRC financial policies, internal controls and government VAT & Tax requirements.
- Handle petty cash and be responsible for the operation of petty cash box in the office.
- Ensure daily posting of incurred expenditures onto NRC accounting system.
- Carry out monthly reconciliations on all office cash and bank accounts in Cox’s Bazaar with close collaboration with the finance Coordinator.
- Assist Finance Coordinator in preparation of monthly financial reports and other financial reports.
- Reports regularly to the Finance Coordinator/Manager and identify problem issues for solutions in the department.
- Maintain high confidentiality of documents and information.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Strongly prefer a university degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 1-year experience working a finance role.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Good knowledge of English & Rohingya Language.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.