Deadline: 31 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Jerusalem, Israel. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The purpose of the Finance assistant position is to contribute in the day-to-day implementation of the finance unit responsibilities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for petty cash payments & ensure that the cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes and cash count is conducted on daily basis.
- Responsible for clearing all suppliers’ payments, including Checking of all supporting documents tax obligations in compliance with NRC rules and regulations and local laws.
- Responsible for issuing cheques and bank transfers for WB/JRS Office payments.
- Prepare all WB/JRS Post backs For Banks & cash.
- Prepare salary transfers & ensure correct booking of projects, accounts and amounts.
- Follow up with logistics on payments supporting documents as needed.
- Responsible for the follow-up and settlements of advanced and travel claims.
- Prepare monthly tax, Health Insurance and National Insurance payment slips and other tax obligations for payments.
- Responsible for Banks reconciliation for WB/JRS office.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning, and archiving Finance documents in the file systems.
- Responsible for NRC Finance files.
- Stamp all invoices by Paid and donor Stamps.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Preferable experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Good command in both English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Hebrew language is preferred.
- Good knowledge of computer software, particularly Excel and database programs, who can build trust and confidently, and has the ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Nationality of Israel.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.