Deadline: 16 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work in accordance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation of the support functions in accordance with the action plan.
- Ensure the correct archiving of documents.
- Encourage and be force of proposal to favor the improvement of the support functions.
- Keep up-to-date cash books, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Keep the bank books of the database up-to-date, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Make a daily cash count and especially at the end of the month.
- Ensure that the management of the cash register complies with the NRC procedures, and that the signatures, the different levels of authorization are respected and in accordance with the authorization table.
- Closing all advances daily and especially that all are closed at the end of the month.
- Check and certify invoices before payments, that prices and quantities correspond to the order and quantities received.
- Check that the accounting documents presented are original and with all indications of use.
- Check the case of its base according to the NRC checklist.
- Reconciliation of the bank account of his base, if requested; especially if his supervisor is unable to attend.
- Reconciliation of balance accounts (taxes, advances, accounts payable, customer accounts, etc.).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least Bachelor’s + 3 in accounting, auditing, financial management, or other similar sector.
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Excel / word) Internet and other software.
- Proficiency in both oral and written French.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the tax legislation in force.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.