Deadline: 16 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work in accordance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation of the support functions in accordance with the action plan.
- Ensure the correct archiving of documents.
- Encourage and be force of proposal to favor the improvement of the support functions.
- Keep up-to-date cash books, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Keep the bank books of the database up-to-date, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Make a daily cash count and especially at the end of the month.
- Ensure that the management of the cash register complies with the NRC procedures, and that the signatures, the different levels of authorization are respected and in accordance with the authorization table.
- Closing all advances daily and especially that all are closed at the end of the month.
- Check and certify invoices before payments, that prices and quantities correspond to the order and quantities received.
- Check that the accounting documents presented are original and with all indications of use.
- Check the case of its base according to the NRC checklist.
- Reconciliation of the bank account of his base, if requested; especially if his supervisor is unable to attend.
- Reconciliation of balance accounts (taxes, advances, accounts payable, customer accounts, etc.).
Applicants must have:
- At least Bachelor’s + 3 in accounting, auditing, financial management, or other similar sector.
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Excel / word) Internet and other software.
- Proficiency in both oral and written French.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the tax legislation in force.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.