Deadline: 8 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Rich, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work in accordance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation of the support functions in accordance with the action plan.
- Ensure the correct archiving of documents.
- Encourage and be force of proposal to favor the improvement of the support functions.
- Keep up-to-date cash books, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Keep the bank books of the database up-to-date, record all accounting entries and prepare all vouchers daily.
- Make a daily cash count and especially at the end of the month.
- Ensure that the management of the cash register complies with the NRC procedures, and that the signatures, the different levels of authorization are respected and in accordance with the authorization table.
- Close all advances daily and especially that all are closed at the end of the month.
- Check and certify invoices before payments, that prices and quantities correspond to the order and quantities received.
- Check that the accounting documents presented are original and with all indications of use.
- Check the case of its base according to the NRC checklist.
- Reconciliation of the bank account of his base, if requested; especially if his supervisor is unable to attend.
- Reconciliation of balance accounts (taxes, advances, accounts payable, customer accounts, etc.).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, auditing, financial management, or other similar sector.
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Excel / word) Internet and other software.
- Mastery of French both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the tax legislation in force.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.