Deadline: 29 October 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Luanda, Angola. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain a record of the approved INLS budget and related requests for modifications.
- Help prepare INLS requests for budget modifications.
- Help monitor use of funds and support monthly UNDP-led processes for the liquidation of advances made to INLS.
- Prepare requests for disbursements based on the approved INLS budget and UNDP templates.
- Respond in a timely manner to UNDP requests for clarifications on INLS disbursement requests.
- Maintain expenditure, ensure that the processed payments/receipts are duly recorded and closed in the system.
- File and control the correctness and completeness of all supporting documentation for the payment and receipt processes.
- Support the monthly/quarterly closing processes for the project’s accounts.
- Contribute to the development and implementation action plans related to UNDP recommendations from audits, spot-check visits and HACT assessments.
- Participate in and help disseminate learning from UNDP-led training and capacity development exercises.
- Financial supporting documents related to grant funds are archived both in physical and electronic form.
- Systems are in place for project expenditure recording and project budget monitoring.
- Disbursement requests are accurate and submitted on time.
- Financial reports are accurate and submitted on time.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Economics, Business Management, Finance or equivalent area.
- Minimum of 1-2 year’s working experience in Finance or related area.
- Experience of working and/or knowledge of the Global Fund and/or HIV.
- Work experience in strengthening financial management systems in the public administration in Angola.
- Fluency in Portuguese and working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.