Deadline: 28 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible to work in close collaboration with other offices to resolve complex accounting and payroll issues and ensure consistent service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support in administrative and payroll related tasks, including following responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to Payroll.
- Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes.
- Support to the day to day payroll transactions.
- Create receipts and initiate payments in UNOPS ERP System.
- Process payments relating to salaries in UNOPS ERP System.
- Check that payment to Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) holder is in compliance with vendor profile and the terms and conditions of the ICA agreement.
- Support in producing various payroll reports and queries focusing on the following results:
- Accurate payroll data resulting in reduction of recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Timely and accurate determination and processing of payments.
- Audit checks and balances for due diligence and financial accountability within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNOPS.
- Support in facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects personnel on Payroll.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 1.5 years experience in supporting a payroll, accounting and/or HR administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.