Deadline: 22 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Initiate financial transactions online and offline; transfer of activity funds to the country, preparation of bank transfers, budget preparations for meetings and trainings and facilitates payments for workshops and trainings.
- Operate the Eimprest and maintains financial records and financial transactions relating to his/her area of work in the GSM environment.
- Verify accuracy and compliance of transactions and return to the WHO rules and regulations, manual provisions and operating procedures from the WHO country office.
- Assist in generating reports from the Global Management System; also prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis
- Advise and assist staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment in the areas of HR Plan operations and management, income and Awards, and financial analysis and reporting.
- Initiate and respond to queries and correspondence on accounts and financial transactions as required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- A least 8 years of working experience with at least 3 years of responsible work in finance, budgeting and or accounting activities.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Local Language.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.