Deadline: 6 June 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure e-Imprest records are up-to-date and fully balanced.
- Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organization to ensure that are promptly recovered.
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices and monitors all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices,contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and are in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.
- Liaison with GSC for all payments that are due to suppliers.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; response to enquiries; provision of advice and guidance to clients in the Country Office and performing closely related tasks.
- Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g., Direct Financial Corporation (DFC), Direct Implementation (DI), Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and operating procedures of organization.
- Management of correspondences and responses to queries on office accounts and financial transactions as required.
- Generation of scheduled and ad hoc Global Management System reports and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis.
- Advise and assist staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
- Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Procurement would bean asset.
- Experience in UN in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.