Deadline: 29 March 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant (Payroll) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Deliver responsive services to customers and stakeholders in alignment with the GSC Service Catalogue.
- Follow up closely on the pending tasks to resolve within response times set out in the Service Catalogue.
- Seek advice or guidance from team members or Supervisors as and when necessary.
- Take initiative to communicate with colleagues within or across departments to seek confirmation or clarification on issues when necessary.
- Respond to enquiries and provides support, advice and guidance to clients in Headquarters, Regional Offices, Country offices.
- Assist with identification of system issues or enhancements, and in testing fixes and solutions.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts; and prepare journal vouchers and accounting entries as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent, complemented by training in accounting or book-keeping.
- Training in financial accounting, managing financial transaction processing, payroll processing and/or income management, in an international environment, and using integrated financial management and reporting systems.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in administration of which at least 2 years working in the field of accounting, finance or payroll.
- 4 years with a first level university degree.
- 3 years with an advanced university degree.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the use of computers and information technology.
- Expertise in the use of MS Office and Web-based software.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.