Deadline: 19 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Finance Assistant will perform a variety of financial, administrative, coordinating and monitoring services to ensure the efficient daily running of the Country Office and in support of project/programme activities.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Maintain financial records for the Country Office, including running of the Imprest account; prepare and submit financial reports to WHO Regional Office for Europe (EURO); complete cash/advance reconciliations; manage the Country Office petty cash; prepare monthly Imprest accounts and other related financial statements and reports.
- Using online management systems, monitors aspects of the implementation of country activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country work plan.
- Assemble, jointly with the Administrative Assistant, draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini/review) exercises.
- Assist in the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops, and symposia), i.e.: makes general financial preparations of required documents (purchase orders, agreement for performance of work, etc).
- Establish and maintain the filing system of financial documents and correspondence.
- Create background files and compiles reference material as appropriate.
- Responsible for sending finance information to WHO/EURO on a regular basis.
- Provide Registry archives with purged master files containing key financial documents for official record purposes.
- Advise local staff on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters.
- Review all financial documents prior to payment and effects correct and timely payments.
- Make regularly a cash count (custodian of cash and bank balances).
- Control paying the contractual partners (hotels, travel agencies, printing companies, etc) and monitors that all supporting documents (invoices, contract, act of acceptance, etc) are attached and properly signed, stamped an in-accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.
- Monitor income and expenditure recording, reconciles outstanding advances, receives and distributes funds to WHO counterparts, makes accounts reconciliation within the Country Office and with EURO.
- Organize vendor payments, processes and monitors all requests for payments (travel advances and claims, payment requests, payment orders, internal commitments, etc) against provided allotments and approved obligations.
- Monitor financial transactions between the relevant bank/s and WHO CO and makes regular cash and bank transfer reconciliations.
- Maintain regular contacts with national banks and other financial institutions to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as it may be required by Head of Country Office.
Applicants must have:
- Equivalent to graduation from secondary school or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Higher education degree.
- Specialized training preferably in finance / administration / management related fields.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the finance/administrative field.
- Bookkeeping experience (minimum 2 years).
- Training in accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note-taking and operation of computerized systems and databases.
- Administrative training.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Armenian.
- Nationality of Armenia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.