Deadline: 17 May 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Take replenishment actions for all Regional Office, IST and Country Office bank accounts.
- Maintain an updated tracking sheet to record all replenishments.
- Assist in the review of ceilings for all imprest accounts, Regional Office, ISTs and Country Offices; and maintains the bank database of all bank accounts.
- Review imprest return from countries for compliance and quality assurance.
- Reconcile imprest and main bank accounts and promptly follow-up on any outstanding items.
- Prepare required documents for the annual and biennial closures.
- Review and reconcile all GL accounts under the responsibility of AFM/AFRO.
- Initiate and respond to queries and correspondences on accounts and financial transactions as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with, specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
- 10 years of relevant working experience with 7 years of responsible work in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
- Experience within UN or other international or multinational organizations will be an advantage.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French with working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.