Deadline: 27 January 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant (Payroll) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant (Payroll) will perform the following functions:
- Deliver responsive services to customers and stakeholders in alignment with the GSC Service Catalogue.
- Follow up closely on the pending tasks to resolve within response times set out in the Service Catalogue.
- Seek advice or guidance from team members or Supervisors as and when necessary.
- Take initiative to communicate with colleagues within or across departments to seek confirmation or clarification on issues when necessary.
- Respond to enquiries and provides support, advice and guidance to clients in Headquarters, Regional Offices, Country offices.
- Assist with identification of system issues or enhancements, and in testing fixes and solutions.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts; and prepare journal vouchers and accounting entries as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent, complemented by training in accounting or book-keeping.
- Training in financial accounting, managing financial transaction processing, payroll processing and/or income management, in an international environment, and using integrated financial management and reporting systems.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in administration of which at least 2 years working in the field of accounting, finance or payroll.
- 4 year’s with a first level university degree.
- 3 year’s with an advanced university degree.
- Experience in the use of an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.