Deadline: 17 May 2016
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Bonn, Germany. The duration of this post is 1 year and 6 months.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the processing of payments and other financial transactions in UMOJA (EPR-based software applied by the United Nations to manage its administration.
UNFCCC, as a framework for international cooperation to combat climate change by limiting average global temperature increases and the resulting climate change, and coping with impacts that were, by then, inevitable.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Processing of payments and other financial transactions in Umoja. Activities include but will not be limited to:
- Creating accounts payable/accounts receivable, General Ledger and banking transactions under the guidance of the senior finance staff such as invoice documents, receivable documents for third parity entities for cost recovery/income, journal vouchers to record transactions in the General Ledger.
- Recording of bank receipts.
- Reconciliation banking transactions etc.
- Maintaining of accounting details. Activities include but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining of finance data in UMOJA: banking details.
- Reviewing and clearing of ledger details for customers, vendors and general ledger accounts.
- Collecting and maintaining supporting documents for the imp rest account transactions and preparing of the monthly bank reconciliation.
- Reviewing pending/parked transactions in UMOJA and following-up with external and internal partners.
- Preparing financial reports under the guidance of the senior finance staff.
- Providing banking and other financial details to programmes.
- Other duties including providing back up support to other staff in the unit may be assigned as necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Certificate/course/formal training in accounting, finance or directly related field.
- At least four years’ experience in the field of accounting, finance/budget or administration.
- Working experience in an international environment an asset.
- Excellent MS Excel skills especially for financial analysis, good accounting knowledge (double-entry), knowledge in finance/budget modules of ERP systems.
- Basic knowledge of IPSAS.
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word, accuracy in data entry, attention to details and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of German, and another United Nations language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNFCCC.