Deadline: 21 April 2016
United Nations University (UNU) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of UN University is to contribute, through collaborative research and education, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems of human survival, development and welfare that are the concern of the United Nations, Peoples and Member States.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Perform basic data entry and extraction functions; mainly in payment-related activities.
- Check accuracy of calculations, chart-field codlings, data, etc.
- Verify supporting documents in preparation of vouchers and/or journals.
- Assist in performing reconciliation of balances through generation of financial queries.
- Assist in preparation of monthly schedules and routine reports.
- Respond to routine inquiries and information requests, including drafting routine written responses, or route to appropriate personnel for handling as required.
- Review and verify travel claims against UNU Travel Guidelines.
- Assist Finance Unit in meeting its established Service Level Indicators.
- Generate reports to produce statistical and/or financial data.
- Review, record, route and/or process mail or other documents, gather pertinent background material, track. And monitor follow-up action as required.
- Monitor electronic transmissions of documents and determine appropriate recipients within the division or department.
- Maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for the Finance Unit.
- Provide general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the Finance Unit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum diploma/advanced diploma in Accountancy, Finance, or equivalent field of study.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in a related area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, and “hands-on” with the ability to prioritize work and multitask.
- Proven interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications including a cover letter setting out how the qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position and a completed and signed UNU Personal History (P.11) form please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organizations via email, with the reference number of the vacancy announcement (2016/UNU/HQ/FIN/PSA/FA/21).
For more information, please visit UNU.