Deadline: 21 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework
- Input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
- Ensure efficient budgetary and monitoring control, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Budget in conformity with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations & procedures of the funding source.
- Assistance in information-gathering for budget preparation.
- Assistance in the review and adjustment of project budget revisions.
- Maintenance of the budget database by verifying and entering approved budgets.
- Review and adjustment of project expenditures/obligations against the approved budgets.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration would be an asset.
- A minimum five years of relevant finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- UN/INGOs Financial Experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.