Deadline: 14 November 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Implement financial strategies and adapt processes and procedures in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and registration and reporting systems:
- Perform duties in accordance with UN Women’s Financial Regulations, Rules, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures, including internal controls.
- Review and verify financial transactions, activities and documentation; take corrective action if necessary and report any unusual activity.
- Provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the office’s financial resources. management system as well as the various projects and programs.
- Implement and monitor cost saving and cost reduction strategies.
- Prepare and administer regional office budgets in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and registration and reporting systems:
- Develop the budget, control budget allocations, control expenses and prepare revisions according to the needs of the office.
- Monitor the appropriate and timely use of financial resources.
- Prepare cost recovery documents or invoices for services provided by UN Women to other programs or organizations.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise assignments and status of projects; and determine the unused funds.
- Ensure the maintenance of the internal expenditure control system.
- Provide financial support to program and operations teams:
- Prepare payments based on purchase orders (PO Vouchers) or direct payments (No PO Vouchers) for development projects.
- Monitor the configuration of budgets in ATLAS to ensure that they comply with the budgets agreed with donors and entered into ATLAS and detailed by activity code.
- Assist the Program Financial Management Officer (PMSU) with adequate monitoring of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports with project managers.
- Monitor the financial situation and, under the direction of the regional office finance specialist, put in place control mechanisms for management / development projects.
- Monitor and correctly track all financial elements in the month-end and year-end closure instructions and, under the direction of the operations manager, take the necessary corrective action.
- Provide administrative support for resource mobilization:
- Compile and process information from donors, country office and program team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Prepare draft cost-sharing agreements, including contribution conditions as part of resource mobilization efforts, respecting standard agreements where possible.
- Monitoring of contributions in support of the resource mobilization lead as part of the country office’s resource mobilization efforts.
- Facilitate the construction and sharing of knowledge:
- Organize training and / or help organize events and training activities.
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in financial management.
- Contribute to operational practices in terms of financial management and management innovations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other equivalent degree in the field.
- National or international certification specialized in accounting and finance, an asset.
- Successful completion of the UN Women Accounting and Finance Test is required.
- 7 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the financial field.
- Experience in the use of computers and office automation packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and computation and database packages, experience in handling Web management systems.
- Experience in using PeopleSoft ATLAS an asset.
- Experience in an agency of the United Nations system would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Ability to contribute to the reengineering of business processes and the implementation of new systems.
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
- Proficiency in French and English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.