Deadline: 14 November 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Implement financial strategies and adapt processes and procedures in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and registration and reporting systems:
- Perform duties in accordance with UN Women’s Financial Regulations, Rules, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures, including internal controls.
- Review and verify financial transactions, activities and documentation; take corrective action if necessary and report any unusual activity.
- Provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the office’s financial resources. management system as well as the various projects and programs.
- Implement and monitor cost saving and cost reduction strategies.
- Prepare and administer regional office budgets in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and registration and reporting systems:
- Develop the budget, control budget allocations, control expenses and prepare revisions according to the needs of the office.
- Monitor the appropriate and timely use of financial resources.
- Prepare cost recovery documents or invoices for services provided by UN Women to other programs or organizations.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise assignments and status of projects; and determine the unused funds.
- Ensure the maintenance of the internal expenditure control system.
- Provide financial support to program and operations teams:
- Prepare payments based on purchase orders (PO Vouchers) or direct payments (No PO Vouchers) for development projects.
- Monitor the configuration of budgets in ATLAS to ensure that they comply with the budgets agreed with donors and entered into ATLAS and detailed by activity code.
- Assist the Program Financial Management Officer (PMSU) with adequate monitoring of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports with project managers.
- Monitor the financial situation and, under the direction of the regional office finance specialist, put in place control mechanisms for management / development projects.
- Monitor and correctly track all financial elements in the month-end and year-end closure instructions and, under the direction of the operations manager, take the necessary corrective action.
- Provide administrative support for resource mobilization:
- Compile and process information from donors, country office and program team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Prepare draft cost-sharing agreements, including contribution conditions as part of resource mobilization efforts, respecting standard agreements where possible.
- Monitoring of contributions in support of the resource mobilization lead as part of the country office’s resource mobilization efforts.
- Facilitate the construction and sharing of knowledge:
- Organize training and / or help organize events and training activities.
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in financial management.
- Contribute to operational practices in terms of financial management and management innovations.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other equivalent degree in the field.
- National or international certification specialized in accounting and finance, an asset.
- Successful completion of the UN Women Accounting and Finance Test is required.
- 7 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the financial field.
- Experience in the use of computers and office automation packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and computation and database packages, experience in handling Web management systems.
- Experience in using PeopleSoft ATLAS an asset.
- Experience in an agency of the United Nations system would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Ability to contribute to the reengineering of business processes and the implementation of new systems.
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
- Proficiency in French and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.