Deadline: 4 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure administration and implementation of programme/operations strategies, adapts processes and procedures through:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations and other relevant policies on financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Provision of inputs for implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultation with the office management.
- Preparation of cost sharing, trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Provide effective support to management of the CO programme, administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system through:
- Presentation of information for formulation of country programme work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities. Entry of data of new grants into Atlas in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of their status.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the Resource and Planning Unit through:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX/DEX projects;
- Monitoring and managing Closing of Projects while advising programme divisions necessary actions.
- Monitoring and Managing NEX advances through Aging Report while guiding and advising the Programme divisions on necessary actions.
- Development and follow up on Programme Portfolio Pipeline.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO through:
- Systematic gaining and sharing of knowledge and experience related to programme management.
- Organization of training for the office staff on programme finance related issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test required.
(Candidates will be required to pass the mandatory UNDP Advanced Accountancy & Finance Test (AFT) prior to the selection process).
- 6 years (or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible finance experience and specialized knowledge of banking policies and procedures and accounting systems is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.