Deadline: 29 February 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- MPTFO Portfolio maintenance (MDTF1)
- Complete assigned MDTF1 new-year opening processes in collaboration with the lead Associate for MDTF1.
- Complete assigned MDTF1 year-end closure processes that are not fund specific in collaboration with the lead Associate for MDTF1.
- Complete monthly MDTF1 inter-fund reconciliation as back-up.
- Analyse and interpret MPTFO data on fund administration of the MPTFO portfolio to support management decision making.
- Fund administration
- Implement all activities in accordance with UNDP’s financial Regulations and Rules, MPTFO’s Operations manual and the office Internal Control Framework issued by the Executive Coordinator.
- Accurately record donor earmarking and Steering Committee allocations.
- Conduct a financial review of Fund Transfers (including reconciliations) or refunds to donors and maintain office KPI on timeliness of transfers.
- Prepare financial transactions in Atlas and transfer notifications.
- Fund Reporting
- Prepare and validate accurate annual Statement of Sources and Uses of Funds for authorization and certification.
- Prepare and validate accurate annual standard financial reports and tables for inclusion in portfolio narrative reporting.
- Prepare and validate accurate Funding frameworks and other ad-hoc financial reporting on request.
- Support to Fund Portfolio team
- Contribute to strategy development for increasing PO project closure rates.
- Support to Office Operations (UNDP1)
- Review and process MPTFO PO and non-PO supplier invoices (including the corporate credit card) and bring to the attention of the Approving Officer any discrepancies.
- Act as the first Approving Officer of travel requests, and expense reports.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and / or Finance.
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting desirable.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Candidates may be requested to sit the UNDP Accounting and Finance Test where required.
- Minimum 6-year’s experience in financial management / accounting, and working with ERP systems.
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) including data analysis as well as web based management systems.
- Experience in providing high quality, responsive client service.
- Experience working with UN pooled funding mechanisms is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken French is strongly desired and a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset, especially French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.