Deadline: 23 June 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Monrovia, Liberia. The duration of this post is 1 year
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the monitoring of programme financial performance, by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results.
- Develop effective mechanisms for monitoring programme and project budgets, coordinate compilation of financial data; and regularly providing accurate, up to date financial information to HQ and regional offices.
- Interpret financial policies and procedures and providing training and guidance to staff and project managers.
- Strive to identify innovative ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assist in the management of the CO budget, by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions as required.
- Maintain an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processing financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Review and monitor charges for common services and cost recovery, taking into account maximum cost efficiency.
- Supervising administrative and clerical staff as required.
Applicant must have:
- First level university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration or similar discipline is required.
- Master’s Degree in any business discipline is desired.
- 6 year’s of relevant experience in administration, accounts, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications, web-based management and ERP financial systems.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.