Deadline: 24 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Baghdad, Iraq.
The Finance Associate will provide financial and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, monitoring, and maintaining if financial transactions and accounts relating to payments and receipts in accordance with UNOPS’ financial rules, regulations, policies, and processes.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for projects.
- Presentation of researched information for planning and status of office’s financial resources.
- Accounting, Payments, Payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects; preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payments execution.
- Proper receipting of goods, services, and establishment of accruals.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, timely corrective actions on unposted voucher taken, including those with budget check errors, match exceptions and unapproved vouchers
- Ensure proper CO cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Alternate to the supervising Finance Associate for timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements.
- Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Effecting of operational Advances after submission of the reconciliation and settlement of the previous advances.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on finance-related topics.
- Contribute feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in financial management or accounting a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience within the areas of finance, accounting, business administration or related field is required.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations; working knowledge of ERP.
- Experience with MS Office 2003/or newer versions, and financial management, using electronic systems, environment and are desired.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Full knowledge English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.