Deadline: 2 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Finance Associate will provide a variety of specialized finance, accounting, and budget related activities ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure budget conformity with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations & procedures of the funding source.
- Participate in information-gathering for budget purposes.
- Participate in the preparation of project budget revisions.
- Enter approved budgets in the UNOPS financial system.
- Monitor project expenditures/obligations against approved budgets.
- Ensure full compliance with Financial Rules and Regulations and UNOPS procedures in regard to financial processes, financial records, reports and audit follow up.
- Monitor and ensure validity of charges by verifying authorized amounts and ensuring availability of budget and funds.
- Prior to further processing, review payment requests for completeness and ensure that documentation is complete and information concerning the payment provided as required:
- Proper accounting codes used.
- Payment to sub-contractor/supplier is in compliance with terms and conditions of agreement.
- Prepare non PO payment requests when needed.
- Take responsibility in Remittance process and monitor payments.
- Prepare bank reconciliation reports.
- Maintain contact with the local bank to obtain bank statements, information on changes in procedures, bank regulations, etc.
- Follow-up recorded expenditures and ensure timely and accurate accounting information.
- Prepare financial and statistical reports for internal use as required by management.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma is required.
- Bachelor or Master Degree preferably in finance, economy, and business administration will be considered as an asset.
- Six years of experience in finances is required in combination with a high school diploma.
- BA degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Knowledge of UN, UNOPS and/or EU financial rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.