Deadline: 30 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure efficient budgetary and monitoring control, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Extraction of required financial information from UNOPS project agreements and set up of necessary accounts in line with existing UNOPS financial policies and procedures.
- Information-gathering for budget preparation.
- Preparation and processing of project budget revisions.
- Maintenance of budget databases by verifying and entering approved budgets.
- Review and adjustment of project expenditures/obligations against approved budgets.
- Budgets in conformity with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations & procedures of the funding source.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of colleagues upon requests from portfolio managers, the supervisor and other finance officers in setting projects, budget revisions, troubleshooting and understanding of the processes on day to day financial transactions, reporting and other related tasks
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education is mandatory.
- Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration is essential.
- A University degree in the area of Finance, Accounting or any related field would be an asset.
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2013) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Khmer is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.