Deadline: 27 June 2016
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Budget Officer in New York, United States.
OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Budget Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review; analyze extra-budgetary contributions to CERF in compliance with IPSAS.
- Resolve issues concerning contributions to CERF and communicates them to the OPPBA and others concerned.
- Review compliance with the Memoranda of Understanding with Donors.
- Review, analyses and finalizes cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for CERF secretariat and grant projects; ensure compliance with the strategic plan, other legislative mandates, and other policies.
- Provide detailed input with respect to resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Review, analyzes and finalizes program budget/financial implications in light of additional mandates or grant requirements.
- Provide substantive support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their budget review; assists in securing approval from the Controller’s Office.
- Authorize un-released budget and released budget in Umoja grant and fund management when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures for CERF secretariat and grant projects.
- Manage and monitors budget implementation and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, finance, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Experience in budgeting and analyzing financial reports is required.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience in using financial functions in ERP systems such as IMIS, SAP or Oracle is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OCHA.