Deadline: 31 January 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Business Partner – Transformation and Projects in London, United Kingdom.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Business Partner will perform the following functions-
- Strategic Finance Management
- Act as the focal point on strategic financial management for HPO and transformation and the usage of portfolio resources to attain set objectives.
- Take the lead on the development of the current year and Multiyear HPO Strategic Budgeting process in line with the global ambitions.
- Ongoing provision of information regarding allocation of contingency within the portfolio.
- Act as a key contact point with the management of the work stream, providing guidance and advice and dealing with all finance-related queries.
- Lead and develop internal processes as required to ensure high quality finance support to business partners.
- Leading and taking initiative on new funding agreement, financial allocation and process agreement on HPO with country offices finance staff.
- Undertake additional duties, supporting other Save the Children international Senior Staff and HPO Management team as often as required.
- Responsible for hiring / managing the Junior Finance Support role for HPO.
- Strategic Benefit Management
- Ensure that these are used by all projects within the portfolio and embed knowledge and understanding through engagement and capacity building approaches in line with the Transformation Delivery team plan.
- Lead on the preparation of a portfolio-level benefits plan, showing which benefits will be realized in the forthcoming period, which will be used as a baseline against which benefits realization will be measured in the coming year, including oversight and reporting of benefits realization for projects post-closure.
- Ensure that the benefits plan is updated following any changes to delivery plans, ensuring that impacts on benefits are fully considered before changes to scope and timescales are approved.
- Ensure that benefits realization progress is included in portfolio-level reporting on a regular basis, as agreed with the Head of Portfolio Management and Reporting.
- Work with the PMO Analyst, participate in post-implementation reviews and ensure that lessons related to benefits identification and realization are used to inform future initiatives.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Qualified Accountant ACCA or ACA with significant experience in Portfolio / Projects Finance management.
- Qualified finance professional with financial management experience.
- Ability to present complex financial information in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to liaise remotely and in person with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to be proactive,logical, and strategic in problem-solving scenarios.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach a copy of CV and cover letter with their application, and include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.