Deadline: 24 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Coordinator- Accountancy in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of financial matters for NRC Syria based projects.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Coordinator- Accountancy will perform following functions:
- Lead on the financial monthly closing of Damascus accounting books.
- Closely monitor of level of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly Budget versus
- Actual reports to be discussed with Senior Management.
- Ensure effective cash flows, preparing forecast of expenditures and submitting monthly cash.
- Closely monitor of daily exchange rates. Identification risks in exchange rate deviations and elaboration of accurate exchange rate fluctuation reports.
- Ensure monthly payment of taxes.
- Elaborate monthly bank reconciliations.
- Support on the elaboration of budget for new proposals, ensuring that budgeting tools are correctly used and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
- Elaborate, Monitor and Update Master Support Budget, identifying funding gaps and allocation of costs to existing donors.
- Provide finance verification of purchase and payment request up to his/her authorization limit.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures in Finance if relevant changes happen.
- Lead on preparation and assistance on Internal and/or External Audits and other financial documentation revision from any external body, if any.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience working as a Finance Coordinator/Senior Finance position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- Master’s degree or accountancy degree is an additional asset.
- Experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience in working with external donor funding.
- Previous experience in working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet reporting deadlines.
- Result oriented behavior.
- High level of excel skills.
- Previous knowledge of working with Accounting Software.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Agresso Accounting System will be an asset.
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Proven experience in managing a team.
- Proven experience in monitoring exchange rates deviations.
- Knowledge of Labor Law and Taxation in Syria.
- Ready to travel on mission into different Governorates in Syria.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office package.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.