Deadline: 10 May 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and HR Manager in Tindouf, Algeria. The duration of this post is 7 months.
The Finance and HR Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of DRC’s financial operations and human resource management in Algeria.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and HR Manager will perform the following functions-
- Supervise, manage and support Finance, Logistic and HR staff in the Tinduf office.
- Complete cashbooks and scanning of expenditure vouchers within deadlines.
- Implement financial management procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with DRC’s and donor’s accounting practices.
- Develop budgets for new proposals and project extensions and prepare internal and donor reports and analysis.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows and expenditures.
- Ensure DRC local implementing partners’ selection and approval procedures are followed and local partners’ reports are timely, transparent, and in line with DRC and donors guidelines.
- Ensure that recruitment is carried out in a timely and adequate manner, consistent with DRC policies.
- Coordinate the implementation of HR policies, including appraisals, contract renewals and updates to employment policies.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Finance, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 4 years of practical experience in similar role in the private sector or International NGO.
- Experience working in Tinduf and the Sahrawi area of Algeria.
- Working experience with UNHCR, ECHO, US donor guidelines is an advantage.
- Proven experience managing budgets.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Proficiency in spoken and written French & Arabic; English and Spanish an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.