Deadline: 20 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Kampala, Uganda.
The Finance Manager will work in close cooperation with the Regional Finance Manager for East Africa & Great Lakes Region, Regional Finance Controller for Uganda, these two based in Nairobi and International Finance Controller for Uganda, the latter based at the DRC HQ in Copenhagen.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions-
- Financial Management:
- Maintain cashbooks and DRC financial system, ensure timely monthly closure as well as submission of financial data to RO and HQ.
- Supervise and manage day-to-day accounting functions including data entry, regular cash counts, bank reconciliation and timely submission of financial reports RO, HQ and donors.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive financial management strategy that allows the country office to meet the requirement of DRC and donors’ policies.
- Lead in Finance systems roll out in close collaboration and coordination with DRC’s RO and HQ.
- Prepare and check for reasonableness and accuracy all budgets in compliance with DRC and donor requirements.
- Controlling functions:
- Ensure budget follow up (bfus) meeting are taking place at Country Office on monthly basis.
- Perform BVAs on monthly basis and advice management of areas of red flag on over/underspent.
- Support in updating the risk register and issues log.
- Finance Policies and Support:
- Maintain and update Local Finance manual as necessary.
- Proactive pursue continuous process improvement in Financial Management related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
- Work closely with HQ and RO to share information and provide support as required.
- Compliance & Capacity Building:
- Ensure that all DRC offices in Uganda comply with necessary DRC, national, donor regulations.
- Conduct regular visits to field offices to ensure compliance to DRC Financial policies & procedures.
- Provide capacity building support to Finance staff at field offices.
- Technical Line Management Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and support to other finance staff who report to a different Manager.
- Advise on and promote understanding and application of DRC policies, procedures and principles.
- Raise with management non-compliance issues relating to Finance Administration.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s graduate degree in Financial/Business management.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA or CMA is mandatory.
- 8 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up financial management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programme in an emergency response.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting and knowledge of major donor rules including BPRM, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, EUTF, ECHO, EU, DFID, DANIDA.
- Proven experience in managing large budgets for multiple donors.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software.
- Good knowledge working with an integrated ERP software will be an added advantage.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills and well developed knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong experience in guiding, couching, capacity building and motivating country programme staff and partners.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks in order to achieve desired results in a multiphasic environment with a very high workload.
- Professional, courteous and able to work with abroad spectrum of people.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.