Deadline: 04 June 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions:
- People Management
- Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- Accounting and Reporting
- As a super user for DRC Dynamics, oversee the finance functionalities in DRC Dynamics and update all staff on new developments.
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, payables and timely updating in DRC Dynamics and ensuring that Month end process is complied.
- Supervise the maintenance of banking relations and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of DRC programs.
- Other Finance Administrative Support
- Support audits (in-country, external), coordinate with area offices/HQ and Risk and Compliance Coordinator to ensure samples are availed in time.
- With support of Country Finance staff, assess the needs and identify issues/gaps in Area Finance office/staff and prioritize timely practical actions to respond to particular financial issues.
- Develop technical skills of finance staff through on-job technical advice, coaching and mentoring of finance team.
- With support of Country Finance Coordinators and Specialists, perform regular internal Finance Reviews (As per DRC Operations Handbook) and reviews as required to ensure compliance with DRC and donor requirements.
- Provide Technical support to Area Finance Teams and other program staff as and when required as “Technical Focal Point” for Finance department.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial experience
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- Experience in preparation of Donor budget and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members
- Good facilitation skills, coaching skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both writing and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- English (Fluency)
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.