Deadline: 23 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Bogota, Colombia. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Finance Manager is responsible to ensure the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows.
- Management of financial team.
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
- Provide regular analysis and reports.
- Implement anti-corruption policy.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure the financial structure of the Operation is in line with the financial manual, policies, and procedures of the NRC and the requirements of the protocols and auditors.
- Ensure correct implementation of budgets, monitoring of expenditure vs budget in collaboration with the Areas Managers and programme staff.
- Provide analysis of the cost effectiveness of NRC Colombia and make recommendations on how to improve it.
- Oversee all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies and governmental regulations.
- Lead and overall oversight of the Finance Department and provides consistent leadership to department personnel through regular meetings, effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
- Conduct regular training to NRC Colombia employees on financial policies and procedures and best practices.
- Lead and participate in special projects that further the goals of the Accounting and Finance Department.
- Matrix management of the finance staff in the area offices.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working on Finance in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge current situation in Colombia and Latin America is an advantage.
- Experience with institutional donor funded projects, especially ECHO, PRM and UNHCR, is an advantage.
- Experience with Unit4 Business World (Agresso)accounting software is an advantage.
- Experience in working with implementing partners.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.