Deadline: 23 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Bogota, Colombia. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Finance Manager is responsible to ensure the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows.
- Management of financial team.
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
- Provide regular analysis and reports.
- Implement anti-corruption policy.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure the financial structure of the Operation is in line with the financial manual, policies, and procedures of the NRC and the requirements of the protocols and auditors.
- Ensure correct implementation of budgets, monitoring of expenditure vs budget in collaboration with the Areas Managers and programme staff.
- Provide analysis of the cost effectiveness of NRC Colombia and make recommendations on how to improve it.
- Oversee all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies and governmental regulations.
- Lead and overall oversight of the Finance Department and provides consistent leadership to department personnel through regular meetings, effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
- Conduct regular training to NRC Colombia employees on financial policies and procedures and best practices.
- Lead and participate in special projects that further the goals of the Accounting and Finance Department.
- Matrix management of the finance staff in the area offices.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working on Finance in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge current situation in Colombia and Latin America is an advantage.
- Experience with institutional donor funded projects, especially ECHO, PRM and UNHCR, is an advantage.
- Experience with Unit4 Business World (Agresso)accounting software is an advantage.
- Experience in working with implementing partners.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.