Deadline: 2 December 2019
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 5 years.
The Finance Manager will contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following:
- Support senior level finance and operations staff to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
- Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes.
- Assist in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices.
- Review and maintain strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
- Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium’s financial policies and procedures.
- Work with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices.
- Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies.
Applicants must have:
- University graduate and Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant masters-level degree.
- CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as alternative to Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.