Deadline: 2 December 2019
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 5 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance Manager will contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support senior level finance and operations staff to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
- Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes.
- Assist in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices.
- Review and maintain strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
- Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium’s financial policies and procedures.
- Work with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices.
- Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University graduate and Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant masters-level degree.
- CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as alternative to Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.