Deadline: 17 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Manager will acts as an advisor to RBM Senior Management on all aspects of financial management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions:
- Systems Development:
- Actively participate in the development of a financial accounting and reporting system to facilitate and improve financial management, enhanced financial oversight and transparency, and allow for systematic analysis of expenditure against results.
- Coordinate financial systems and tools development in such a way that the information can be integrated with UNOPS financial management systems if needed.
- Develop financial reporting formats in such a way that the information is readily available to all stakeholders and can be analysed for presentation to difernet audiencies.
- Financial Management:
- Liaise with UNOPS to ensure accurate financial information is entered into the system.
- Coordinate the development of financial elements of the RBM workplan and budget.
- Suport the RBM Secretariat in the preparation of RBM reports.
- Act as the focal point on finance management matters in RBM cross-cutting activities.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the CEO, including budget variance analysis and analysis of commitments aginst income using data from UNOPS systems.
- Financial Reporting:
- Work with UNOPS finance to prepare quarterly financial reports for the Board and Finance Committee including budget variance analysis.
- Work with UNOPS finance team to prepare quarterly accrual reports for USAID.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly cashflow forecasts as required by UNOPS.
- Provide inputs for preparation of cashflow forecast UNOPS for the USAID draw downs.Provide support to the RBM Board Finance, Risk and Audit Committee in finance, risk, and audit matters.
- Financial Advisory Function:
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Support the CEO, Board Leadership, and Advocacy Resource Mobilization Partner Committee (ARMPC) with the development of budgets for funding proposals as directed.
- Advice to CEO on strategic financial resources management.
- Implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
Applicants must have:
- CPA or Advanced Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Business Administration or related fields is required.
- A first-level university degree, in combination with over 9 years’ qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of professional-level experience in financial management services covering budget and accounting with responsibility for budget management, project accounting and preparation of financial statements in an international organization is required.
- Field experience – especially in Africa or Asia, for at least 3 years – is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN / UNOPS financial rules and regulations is an asset.
- Working knowledge of ERP (particularly Agresso) is an asset.
- Experience with MS Office 2003/or newer versions, and financial management, using electronic systems, environment are desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.