Deadline: 13 May 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Manager in Kenya.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts to support business decisions and possible outcomes.
- Responsible for monthly and annual statutory accounts and reporting of financial Statements.
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts as well as long term rolling plans (regular Prognosis).
- Direct involvement in corporate reporting for financial and management information (e.g. Board Paper preparation).
- Appropriate analytical review of key performance indicators based on various financial data.
- Manage and implement appropriate stock costing processes and records control.
- Working capital management aligned to the needs of the Company’s cash flow and operations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory returns deadlines e.g. PAYE, VAT and Withholding taxes.
- Ensure adequate internal controls for effective and efficient budgeting, expenditure, accounting, cash flow, and banking and taxation management.
- Handle any KRA inquiries and audits liaise with the external auditors.
- Prepare/develop daily reports to assist in product pricing decisions.
- Manage the accounting staff and enhance their skills and competencies
Applicants must have-
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business related field from a recognized university.
- Qualified Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- At least 7 years accounting experience in a Manufacturing Company with up to 3 years at senior supervisory level.
- Good knowledge of computer accounting software.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive and results oriented.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.