Deadline: 5 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance Officer is responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the programme.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Finalize monthly payroll in coordination with HR department.
- Finalize monthly social security calculations in coordination with HR department and deposit in to government treasury.
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to Coordination Office.
- Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorization.
- Control all the supporting documentation produced in the field office/sub office.
- Brief the Finance Manager on matters associated with finance on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure that through and effective budgetary control is undertaken in Baghdad office and sub offices.
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of finance staff, field staff, and national partners.
- Responsible for collecting cash forecasts from all PMs and requesting funds from Coordination Office in a timely manner, including following up to ensure funds are received as requested.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs requesting support cost rebooking as necessary.
- Responsible for collecting rebooking from all PM’s and submitting them monthly with the finance re-bookings to coordination office.
- Monitor with HR/Admin Officer, staff phone bills on a monthly basis and follow up on reimbursements from staff for private or international calls.
- Oversee the project-end procedures, ensuring that all payments are finalized within the liquidation period and all payments have been committed within the project period.
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project team leaders/lead officers to discuss key issues, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management.
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.