Deadline: 31 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance Officer will be responsible to fulfill daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Transfers and payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms.
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other. stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly.
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC HQ in Copenhagen to country office.
- Ensure bank and cash liquidity is within the threshold.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
- Assist in payroll revision.
- Coordinate with the bank whenever is needed (adding new signatory, amending PoA…).
- Planning and reporting
- Ensure the implementation of shared cost tools.
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports.
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting.
- Reporting as required (NSSF, income taxes, VAT…).
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.