Deadline: 13 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for all daily finance and accounting tasks in the DRC Bekaa and South of Lebanon programme, in line with DRC and donor requirements.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure all financial expenditures are entered into DRC systems in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure all bank and cash account statements are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from country office by maintaining the payment schedule.
- Cash withdrawals and collecting check books from the bank.
- Verify and prepare payments (checks/cash) and ensure compliance with DRC polices, as well as following up on payments to suppliers, contractors etc.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
- Ensure proper follow up on partner instalment and financial report, as well as documentation.
- Liaise with Program Managers on Partner budget monitoring.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
- Assist in issuing donor reports by reviewing the financial transaction on a monthly basis and identify rebooking when is needed.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s/University degree in Accounting, Business, finance.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.