Deadline: 19 December 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Sittwe, Myanmar.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services, producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Transfers and payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms.
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly.
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC HQ in Copenhagen to country office.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currency.
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
- Budget control, planning and reporting
- Develop and ensure the implementation of shared cost tools.
- Liaise with Program Managers on regular budget monitoring.
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget follow up.
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports.
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting Bi Weekly Cash Book.
- Monthly stock update.
- Monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it).
- Reporting as required.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of working experiences in financial /accounting filed.
- Advance proficiency in excel.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft power point and word.
- Experience working in INGOs/NGOs.
- Advance English Proficiency.
- Local language fluency.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.