Deadline: 4 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Tikrit, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to Country Office.
- Ensure that all payments are done only if supported by vouchers complaining with DRC and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure that advances and deposits are settled within 2 weeks after an outlay is taken.
- Notify any rebooking that is considered necessary.
- Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorization.
- Control all the supporting documentation produced in the Area office/field office.
- Monitor with HR/Admin Officer, staff phone bills on a monthly basis and follow up on reimbursements from staff for private or international calls.
- Brief the Area Support Services Team Leader on matters associated with finance on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
- Knowledge of donors guidelines and procedures.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience working in a similar position.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently and energetically.
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and advanced Excel proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Arabic (fluency speaking & writing).
- English (fluency speaking & writing).
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.