Deadline: 2 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Transfers and payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms , through DRC Dynamics.
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly.
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC HQ in Copenhagen to country office.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in local language.
- Experience in working in NGOs.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.